Friday, October 21, 2011

Does anybody really care what I think?

I have resisted being involved in any kind of social media because I've always felt it to seem rather presumptuous for me to think that anyone would want to read or hear what I have to say. With that being said, here's what I have to say:

1. Ive been thinking a lot about fear lately. In the April 2011 General Conference, Elder Neil L. Anderson said  (my words, not his) that those who are afraid to speak up are thinking of themselves. I do this all the time at school, in my church callings, and to some extent, with my family. It is easier to go along/get along than to risk someone else thinking ill of me. Truth is, I don't care for this quality (?) in others so why would others feel any differently when I do it?

2. I re-learned an important lesson a couple of weeks ago. I have been our Ward Mission Leader for the 6 months or so and we just haven't been able to get things together. Two Sunday's ago I remembered that I hadn't been given book 2 of the church handbook of instructions. well, I got my copy and sat down to read what it says about ward mission work. It seems things have changed in the 9 or 10 years since I was last WML. Needless to say, I feel much better about what we are doing and things are already going better. Read the handbook and do what the Lord wants you to do now.

3. I have to say here that I think Dillan Thomas Ricks is the cutest kid in the world. In keeping with our family tradition, he has already been assigned numerous nick names such as: Dilly-bar, Dillman, Paul, Todd, (Kelly doesn't like the last two) and my newest one dill-on-the-cob. If I'd have known that grand kids were so much fun I would have treated my own kids better.

No comments:

Post a Comment